Boys Varsity Bowling
Game Summaries & Headlines.
Postponed-With Governor Whitmer’s announcement, all school sports activities (practices and contests) are suspended effective immediately through at least Dec. 8 or until these new orders are amended.
BHS 2020-21 Varsity Bowling Team
You must have a current PHYSICAL EXAMINATION on file with the BHS Athletic Office to participate in tryouts. You may use last years if you have one on file.
• When: Tryouts will take place on November 17'" at 3:15-4:30 and 18th at 4:00-5:15.
• Where:At Lodge Lanes in Belleville, Michigan. DO NOT SHOW UP LATE!!! You must be ready to bowl at the scheduled start time. You will bowl two or three games both-days. Your average score, behavior, sportsmanship, academic standing, conduct during tryouts as well as your behavior in school will all be used to evaluate your acceptance to the varsity bowling teams. If you are currently bowling on a league, please bring a copy of your current league sheet to tryouts. Please have rides ready to pick you up at this time.
The team rosters will be posted on Thursday morning, November 19th. The team roster will be posted outside of the BHS Athletic Office.
You must provide your own transportation to and from Lodge Lanes for tryouts and for practices.Transportation to all away league events will be provided.Teammates must ride the bus to and from the events.
• Dress: You must wear your Mask. You may wear jeans or slacks and T-shirts or collared
shirts at tryouts. No hats or headgear shall be worn. Cell phone use during tryouts is not permitted in the bowling area.
• Lodge Lanes has graciously extended the use of their bowling lanes for our tryouts. All of Lodge Lanes' rules should be strictly adhered to. We must leave the lanes and the area in which we found it prior to tryouts. Clean up after yourself!!! No outside food or drinks!!! All participants should be prepared to pay for bowling shoes if needed.
• You must be respectful to all workers and patrons at Lodge Lanes.
• Foul or disrespectful language will not be tolerated and you will be asked to leave!!!
• If you make the bowling team you must be prepared to pay for your team shirt and be available for the first practice on Thursday, November 19th.
Varsity Bowling Coach
Belleville High School
2019-2020 Varsity Bowling Team
• Where: Lodge Lanes has graciously extended the use of their bowling lanes for our practice session. All of Lodge Lanes rules should be strictly adhered to. We must leave the lanes and the area in which we use as we found it prior to practice. Clean up after yourselves!!! No outside food or drinks are allowed!
• When: Practices will be held on Mondays thru Fridays during the bowling season. Practice will begin at 3:15pm and end at 4:45pm. Rides should arrive promptly at the end of practice to pick you up.
• Dress:You must wear your Mask. You may wear jeans, slacks, and sweats. T-shirts or collared shirts at practice. (No Shorts). No hats or headgear shall be worn. I would like you to get in the habit of wearing slacks during practice as you will be required to wear BLACK SLACKS and a collared shirt at league meets.
• Use of Cell phones will only be used before and after practice not during. If I see you with a phone during practice, you will no longer practice that day.
• Friends are discouraged from attending practices. We are there to practice bowling! If a friend attends they must refrain from having contact with you and remain at the rear tables.
• No undue delay of practice shall take place.
• Please be respectful to all-workers and patrons at Lodge Lanes.
• Parents are welcome to attend practice, but must refrain from having contact with the student athletes while practice is in session and should remain at the rear tables in the bowling lanes.
• I will provide you with a schedule of the League Meets and may update ~hat schedule as new practice meets and scrimmages are formed.
• All those attending meets must wear black slacks and a collared shirt. We will be getting bowling team shirts very soon and those will be your required shirt to wear at meets.
You may not bowl in an event without a bowling team shirt and black slacks! No Jeans!!(Of Any Color)
• Bowling equipment that is brought into school for meets can be kept in the coaches office.
• You should be familiar with the rules regarding the league meets. I will provide you with a copy of these rules for your study.
• Parents must remain in their appropriate section away from the Bowlers area during meets and are expected to exhibit good behavior at all times.
• Bowlers not on time for the bus on meets will not be bowling in that meet. Unless you made arrangements with me ahead of time. NOT AS WE ARE WAITING FOR YOU TO LEAVE!!!
• Just a reminder all bowlers must ride home on the bus with all the team members.
• You must maintain a minimum of a 2.0 Grade Point Average to be eligible to compete with the bowling team. And you must be passing 66% of your classes.
• You must have a complete physical and participation form on file with the Athletic Department at Belleville High School to be eligible to compete with the bowling team.
• You must exhibit exemplary behavior both in school and in the bowling alley to be eligible to compete with the bowling team.
• The athletic department will provide me with a master eligibility list. If you are not on this list, you will not participate in events for the bowling team.
• There is a $75 participation fee for all sports at Belleville High School. This fee must be turned into the Athletic Department before you can compete on the Bowling Team.
• No foul, offensive, or demeaning language will be tolerated from members of the bowling team. Friends and family attending league meets should understand that they are expected to be on their best behavior as well.
• This is a TEAM sport and I expect you to behave like a team that supports all its members at all times.
• Know your bowling etiquette and practice it at all times!!!
• Communication is critical!!! If you cannot attend a practice or a scheduled event that you are to compete in, you should call me immediately. Phone # (734)740-0393
• Make every practice
• Meet all of the above expectations
• Are good students who value their education
• Represent Belleville High School through excellent sportsmanship
• Have the highest averages
• Treat the staff at Lodge Lanes with the utmost respect
• Don't talk on the phone during practice